There Really IS a God


Everything about this story could only be one thing."God's mighty works!" Late last year I received a phone call from one of my church friends, that our friend Teri had an accident and it wasn't good. I needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible. When I arrived the waiting room was packed with other friends and family. I found out that Teri had a heart attack and had the accident because of that. The accident happened on a Sunday evening, in front of the high school. There was a banquet scheduled and people arriving for it discovered the accident. A young man called 911, and waited for them to arrive. Teri's car was still in gear and resting against a sign. She had just left our minister's house and was on the way to the doctors office.  She wasn't feeling well and had tried to call one of the other nurses to come do an EKG on her. Her phone was still in her hand when they found her. The police had to pop the lock on her door to get to her out. She was unresponsive and no one knew how long she had been there. They started CPR on her and used the paddles to try to get her heart going again. When she arrived at the ER, she had all the signs of having very little, if any chance of surviving. They continued trying to bring her back. They called a hospital about 60 miles away to see if they would accept her and the heart specialist told them to get her there as soon as they could. The next problem was finding a helicopter, but it appeared to be a busy night for all of them. The third place they called had one available and it was on it's way. Her daughter, Cari, another friend Paula and I headed for the hospital she was being transferred to. Teri's son was already at the hospital waiting when the helicopter arrived. By the time we arrived, Teri had already been in surgery and had a procedure to try to open arteries and get oxygen going to the brain. The doctors told us that they lost her again during surgery and we needed to pray, things did not look good. We were later told that she had all the signs of being brain dead, and the signs  she was experiencing were not ones that could be reversed. The chaplain came and asked if we would like to do a bedside prayer. We went to her, held hands and prayed. One hour later, Cari went to check on her and while she was talking to her, Teri opened her eyes. When Cari told the nurse, she was told it was just a reflex. Cari told the nurse, she WAS responding. When the nurse went in, Teri was indeed responding to her name. In less than 12 hours, Teri was off the respirator, breathing on her own, and talking to us. She was having some signs of amnesia! We were told there was no way of knowing if that would ever return because no one knew how long her brain had gone without oxygen. That was a big concern, but God answered that prayer also. She was out of the hospital in less than a week and back to work in less that a month. Don't ever doubt the power of prayer and miracles, but most of all in God! We saw first hand the result of all three! When several doctors tell you that it was a divine intervention, and God's miracle, you know your life is in HIS hands!

Leave a comment:

blog comments powered by Disqus