Thank you for being a part of One Winter Night with WBGL! We are thrilled that Camp WBGL raised $10,220.71 for CU at Home. Camp WBGL spent the night on the street in downtown Champaign on Friday, February 7th, 2020. We had coats, blankets, sleeping bags, tarps, and a cardboard box for shelter. One Winter Night is the biggest fundraiser of the year for CU at Home.
CU at Home engages and mobilizes our community to house and support the most vulnerable homeless on their journey of healing and restoration.
Here’s some more information about the work of CU at Home:
- Phoenix Drop-In Center: Darrell took his first shower in three months and Shelly received help on her interview skills, which resulted in a new job.
- C-U Men’s Emergency Shelter: Manny learned proper hygiene and Miles was housed after 22 years on the street.
- Transitional Housing: Harrison experienced his longest time of sobriety since he was 12-years-old.
- Work Program: Benton purchased needed new shoes and Adam was able to pay off all his fines by participating in our work program.
- Transportation Ministry: Eileen, a pregnant mom and her daughter, were able to get back to their home after being stranded.
- Learn more about CU at Home here.