Join Johnathon, Eric & Danielle, and other members of our WBGL community for an adventure spending one-night sleeping on the street in downtown Champaign in order to raise funds and awareness for the CU at Home Shelter.
JOIN OUR ONE WINTER NIGHT TEAM
For us, it will be a one-night adventure, for others this is a way of life. CU at Home engages and mobilizes our community to house and support the most vulnerable homeless on their journey of healing and restoration.
Our team will spend the night on the street in downtown Champaign with coats, blankets, and only a cardboard box for shelter. When you join our team, you commit to spending the night on the street with us (12 hours) with a goal of raising one-thousand dollars to help CU at Home to continue to reach the homeless in our community.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Here’s some more information about the work of CU at Home:
- Phoenix Drop-In Center: Darrell took his first shower in three months and Shelly received help on her interview skills, which resulted in a new job.
- C-U Men’s Emergency Shelter: Manny learned proper hygiene and Miles was housed after 22 years on the street.
- Transitional Housing: Harrison experienced the most sober time since he was 12-years-old.
- Work Program: Benton purchased needed new shoes and Adam was able to pay off all his fines by participating in our work program.
- Transportation Ministry: Eileen, a pregnant mom and her daughter, were able to get back to their home after being stranded.
- Learn more about CU at Home here.