February 20 @ 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
LEARN HOW TO SUPPORT THE YOUNG PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs
of mental health and substance use challenges among adolescents ages 12-18. You’ll build
skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to young people who
are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
AFTER THE COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges, including anxiety,
depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
• Understand how to interact with a young person in crisis.
• Know how to connect a young person with help.
• Better understand trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media
Please call, text, or email Beth Bray Knecht @ 217-516-2298 or [email protected] to register for this FREE training. CEUs are available.
Add Event to your calendar
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Click one of the buttons below to add the event to your device’s calendar.